This WP aims to reach and engage key research infrastructures, stakeholders at national and international level to ensure the sustainability of the project´s actions. More specifically, the objectives of this WP are:
- To have a comprehensive view of the developments and state of play of health information systems that monitor the wider effects of COVID-19 on population health at national level and international level.
- To create a base for interdisciplinary population health research through exchange and support at national and international level.
- To investigate routes for economic sustainability.
- To support integration of knowledge generated from PHIRI into policy.
Task 3.1 Mapping the state of play through (virtual) country visits
In this task, (virtual) country visits will be carried out to map the state of play of EU countries’ health information (HI) systems on monitoring the wider effects of COVID-19 on population health. The mapping includes an assessment of the underlying needs and how this relates to current gaps in the HI systems, as well as of potential future needs and gaps to which the Research Infrastructure can respond through its services.
Task 3.2 Involving relevant COVID-19 national and international stakeholders
Through Stakeholder Meetings PHIRI will bring together and involve the relevant COVID-19 national and international stakeholders including, but not limited to European research networks in the domain of population health, relevant national population data owners/curators, national population health coordination entities and EU and international data collectors and registries relevant for COVID-19 and future epidemics. The aim of these meetings is to bring together the different international COVID-19 projects, initiatives and organisations, to provide an overview of the activities carried out by these stakeholders and to delineate their relation to the activities of PHIRI. Finally, economic sustainability of PHIRI will be discussed with the stakeholders.
Task 3.3: Integrate knowledge into health policies
Fostering translational research methodology is an important service of PHIRI. This task will oversee and coordinate horizontally the policy activities in PHIRI to overcome siloed approaches in WPs. At the same time, it will focus on stimulating the integration of scientific evidence and research into the policy development process by delivering:
- Fact sheets describing the research outputs provided from each WPs.
- Sustainability plan including the results from the country visits, the outcomes of PHIRI activities and the link with DIPoH and the sustainability of the Research Infrastructure.
The leader and co-leader to this work package are: