The aim of this work package is to efficiently manage the project and to systematically monitor its activities in order to support the construction of the Population Health Information Research Infrastructure (PHIRI). This includes the day-to-day follow-up of the scientific, administrative and financial aspects of the project. WP1 will ensure that the contractual obligations are fulfilled and the expected results are delivered as planned.
More specifically, the objectives of WP1 are:
- To provide operational, administrative and financial management of the project.
- To support consortium networking among (research) institutions, research networks and MSs.
- To coordinate internal communication among the different WPs and external communication and collaboration between the consortium members, the different entities of the management structure and the European Commission (EC) scientific and administrative units.
- To facilitate and ensure convergence between WPs in the set up and roll out of PHIRI´s activities.
- To coordinate and streamline surveys and or mapping exercises between WPs.
- To coordinate the quality of results and deliverables including the adherence to the work plan, the project aim and contractual obligations and the management and supervision of the internal review processes.
Task 1.1 Operational and Administrative Management
This task ensures the successful implementation and the smooth running of the project. Regular Steering Committees (SCs) will be organised with the Work Package (WP) leaders and co-leaders (every 6 months, seven in total). Additionally, General Assemblies (GAs) will be organised with all Consortium Partners and other relevant actors in the Health Information field. This includes one kick-off GA and a final GA, four in total. In the SCs and GAs, coherence and interlinkage between the WPs and Consortium Partners will be fostered and upcoming issues will be handled. The coordination will ensure that the work assigned to the different work package teams will progress according to schedule and within the allocated budget. Finally, the WP will be responsible for the submission of the formal deliverables and will ensure reporting and communication with relevant bodies such as EC.
Task 1.2 Financial management
The financial status reflecting actual vs. planned effort and actual vs. planned expenditures will be internally maintained within the project on a six-monthly basis and audited financial reports will be submitted to the EC as required.
Task 1.3 Quality of results
Project results and formal deliverables will undergo a process of internal quality control, including scientific review and verification, before their timely submission to the European Commission (EC). Additionally, an External Scientific Advisory Board (ESAB) consisting of two cross-domain independent experts will be appointed to review the work performed by the different work packages.
The leader of this work package is: