The aim of this work package is to efficiently manage the project and to systematically monitor its activities in order to support the construction of the Population Health Information Research Infrastructure (PHIRI). This includes the day-to-day follow-up of the scientific, administrative and financial aspects of the project. WP1 will ensure that the contractual obligations are fulfilled and the expected results are delivered as planned.
More specifically, the objectives of WP1 are:
- To provide operational, administrative and financial management of the project
- To support consortium networking among (research) institutions, research networks and international organisations
- To coordinate internal communication among the different WPs and external communication and collaboration between the consortium members, the different entities of the management structure and the European Commission (EC) scientific and administrative units
- To facilitate and ensure convergence between WPs in the set up and roll out of PHIRI´s activities
- To coordinate and streamline surveys and or mapping exercises between WPs
- To coordinate the quality of results and deliverables including the adherence to the work plan, the project aim and contractual obligations and the management and supervision of the internal review processes
Task 1.1 Operational and Administrative Management
This task ensures the successful implementation and the smooth running of the project. Regular Steering Committees (SCs) are organised with the Work Package (WP) leaders and co-leaders (every 6 months, seven in total). Additionally, General Assemblies (GAs) will be organised with all Consortium Partners and other relevant actors in the health information field. This includes one kick-off GA and a final GA, four in total. In the SCs and GAs, coherence and interlinkage between the WPs and Consortium Partners is fostered and potential issues discussed. The coordination ensures that the work assigned to the different WP teams is progressing according to schedule and within the allocated budget. Finally, the WP is responsible for the submission of the formal deliverables and the reporting and communication with relevant bodies such as the EC.
Task 1.2 Financial management
The financial status reflecting actual vs. planned effort and actual vs. planned expenditures is internally maintained within the project on a six-monthly basis and audited financial reports will be submitted to the EC as required.
Task 1.3 Quality of results
Project results and formal deliverables undergo a process of internal quality control, including scientific review and verification, before their timely submission to the European Commission (EC). Additionally, an External Scientific Advisory Board (ESAB) consisting of two cross-domain independent experts was appointed to review the work performed by the different WPs.
The leader of this work package is: